Monday, August 16, 2010

Israel and Kindergarten

Israel's first day of kindergarten was last week. He is going to the same elementary school that I went to for 2nd through 5th grades... AND I went to high school with his teacher! Crazy.
IMG_7826
The first day, he came home and everyone asked him how his day was and he told everyone, but the second day he didn't want to say what he did. I asked him if he had a good day or a bad day. He said he had a good day, but "sometimes people just don't like to talk about their day." O-kaay.
IMG_7827
The next day was the same thing. So I went through all the questions; "Did you get in trouble today?"
"No."
"Was somebody mean to you today?"
"Nope."
"Did you have fun?"
"Yes."
"Then why won't you tell me about your day?"
"Sometimes people just don't want to."
So I started to think, maybe he just doesn't like it when everyone keeps asking him...
"What if you tell me and then I'll tell everyone else so you only have to say it all once."
"No. Sometimes people just don't like to talk about their day."
So funny, right? So I had to get more creative.
"How about you tell me and I'll keep it a secret?"
"Hmmm... OK!"
IMG_7828
Score! So he tells me about his day every afternoon and I keep it a secret. Sorry, all I can tell you is that he's had good days so far.
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine