Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Shower for Triplets!

Last Saturday, my mom and sisters and I threw a baby shower for one of our cousins who is pregnant with triplets. It all started with an invitation that we found with birds on it. So, I recreated it with the modifications we needed and our bird brains just wouldn't stop!
IMG_7655
At our onesie station, we had a nest of stuffed birds that my mom made. (They're even cuter in person!)
IMG_7657
We made bird nest clips for our hair.
IMG_7654
My sister, Jenny, spent hours making these beautiful flower balls to match the colors. They hung above our onesie table. (In fact, they're still there! I think my mom is hoping she forgets about them.)
IMG_7646
We had a lot of fun coming up with food to follow our bird theme.
IMG_7651
The chicken salad didn't exactly match, but we seriously love this salad so we made an exception. I don't have an exact recipe for this, but I'll tell you everything I put in it.
Baby Shower Chicken Salad
Canned chicken
Farafelle (bowtie) pasta
chopped onions
chopped celery
grapes
apples
raisins
almonds
mayonnaise
salt and pepper
cinnamon and sugar
IMG_7644
Our no bake cookies with Jordan Almonds as eggs made perfect little nests. They were a big hit.
IMG_7648
The tabouli was chosen because it looks like bird seed. It was another big hit. The recipe for this one involves a box that said "Tabouli Salad" on it and some fresh vegetables. We also add some lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano. Mmmmm.... You can also get a little glimpse of the carnival glass luncheon sets we used. They were gorgeous!
IMG_7642
And our big treat were these cakes. Words cannot describe how good they were. I got the recipe from Deborah. Since it's her special treat I won't tell you exactly how to make it but I will tell you involves fresh fruit, angelfood cake, whip cream, cream cheese, and pie filling. All of these got eaten.
IMG_7663
For party favors, Jenny made some beautiful charms. Most of them had birds on them, but there were also flowers and designs.

Anyhow, the whole party was a huge hit and we had so much fun getting ready for it!
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine