Friday, June 11, 2010

Arizona... Finally!

So after we got the new truck and well rested, we took off from Gallup, New Mexico for the last leg of our journey. My mom and brother left with the moving van about an hour earlier than Randal and I did. Just before we drove into Heber, AZ (about 3 hours from my mom and dad's house) we got a call from my mom and brother. The SECOND Budget van had broken down. Yup, that's right, another breakdown and another day spent waiting. Five hours sitting on the side of the road, nearly 2 hours of being on hold, 1 diesel mechanic, 2 cops, and a sunburn later we were finally on our way again. And luckily, we finally made it home - AND without anymore problems!
IMG_7526
My brother did try to work on the van himself, but even the mechanic had a hard time figuring out what needed to be done. It turned out to be a group effort and it still took them nearly an hour to get it running again.
IMG_7532
Just outside of Payson, AZ. The mountains of northern Arizona are just beautiful! Randal and I honeymooned around here.
IMG_7539
The Phoenix side of Payson, on the way down into The Valley of the Sun.
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine