Thursday, October 15, 2009

Walking With My Mom Through the Cemetery

I share my love and appreciation of cemeteries with my mom. Or maybe I got it from her. Yeah, pretty sure I got it from her. I remember one vacation we took as a family when I was 17. We spent 3 weeks driving from AZ to NY and back again. It seems like every city we stayed in, we went and visited the local cemetery. It was an especially appropriate thing to do on Sunday afternoons.
IMG_6327
So, while she was here, I suggested we go to the cemetery on one of our walking outings. I did mention that my mom is a walking machine, right? We spent an hour there and walked all of the driveways through the cemetery and stopped and took pictures here and there. It was so beautiful. It was sunny, but really cold.
IMG_6305
This giant tree was especially inspiring.
IMG_6312
And this is the one and only angel statue in the whole cemetery - and it's hidden. It was quite the treasure to find.
IMG_6289
My mom was especially drawn to the many heart headstones (of course).

I just love cemeteries. When I dropped my parents off at the airport, I visited another cemetery just down the street from the airport. I'll post those pictures later. That cemetery is quite possibly the most beautiful cemetery I have ever visited.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine