Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts From This Week...

Israel started preschool on Wednesday. I got up early to wash my hair, put on cute clothes, do my makeup, find cute accessories and even get him looking nice. And yet, I forgot my camera. And I was overdressed, but all the other parents had their cameras. I'm not sure what that says about me.

This week I organized my food storage and my desk and my office closet, took out the trash too many times to count, rearranged my dining room only to move it back, did at least 4 loads of laundry (so far), cleaned one of the bathrooms, and did more things I'm too tired to catalog, but I still haven't done my dishes.

For the last two weeks we've had our church Mommy's Group (Play Group) at different parks here in town. I've been trying to reach outside my little world and interact with other people. Not because I don't love my friends and all the moms in our play group because I do, but often I go to the park by myself, and there is a big group of moms, and I kind of wish I was a part of the group. So the last two times I've invited random other moms to join us. It's actually been a really cool experience to get to know these women. I wonder what the world would be like if everyone invited the alone people to join their groups - even if it is for only an hour or two.

Which reminds me, I've noticed that Israel is starting to notice when he's being left out. It breaks my heart. How do I teach him to be ok with it? Or teach him to include everyone?

Elijah has been walking for a month now. Except that he isn't. I know he can walk, I've seen him do it dozens of times, yet he won't consistently do it. And he's only gone a significant distance (more then 2 or 3 feet) a handful of times. Little turkey.

My air conditioner hasn't been working for the last two days. It hasn't been horrible, just uncomfortable. I've had to spend more time in the basement (where it's rarely above 72 degrees). But it was bugging me - a lot. And I figured I needed to call the landlord, but I thought I would check it one last time. So this afternoon I noticed it, someone (I'm guessing it was someone little) had switched it from cool to heat. I swear I checked to make sure the system was on at least 10 times, but never once checked to make sure it was cool rather than heat.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine