Friday, September 25, 2009

Because That's the Kind of Mom I Am

IMG_6031
Wednesday was Elijah's birthday. It was a nice day. We had play group (which is my life line and keeps me sane) and so we brought cookies to share with everyone. Israel and I went through old toys and found some of Israel's toys that he cold give to Elijah for his birthday. For dinner we had soup. And instead of cake - which would have been too messy for Elijah anyway - we had cookies and sang Happy Birthday - Elijah enjoyed clapping and screaming along with us. And I had my camera with me for all those events and didn't take a single picture. So even though you can't see all the fun that was my son's first birthday, please know that it was a good day for him. I promise I'm a good mom. I think when my parents come in 10 days, we might celebrate again with pie and ice cream, because my family does pie instead of cake. And then I'll take pictures. Because even though I know that Elijah doesn't know the difference if we celebrate or not, someday he'll ask, "Mama, what did you do for my very first birthday? Was it something spectacular that shows just how much you love me and how important I am to our family? Did you take lot's of pictures so I can physically prove my existence is treasured?" To which I will be able to lovingly answer, "Of course, my dear."

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine