Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Dear Blog,

Sorry I've been neglecting you. I still think about you every day and imagine the beautiful pictures and witty stories that I would share with you. But I'm just so tired. Remember when I was pregnant? Yeah, this is worse. But when I was pregnant the doctor asked me to take a skin TB test, "No big deal," she said. But then it was a big deal, because it came back positive. Ug. The chest x-ray that followed was negative though. Thank goodness. The doctor said I should still do a course of antibiotics because even though I don't have TB (thank heavens) and I'm not contagious or anything, I do have a higher likely hood of getting TB if exposed. But if I take the antibiotics then those chances are significantly lessened. Anyway, so I'm taking those antibiotics faithfully - for 9 months. Nine. Whole. Months. A side effect: fatigue. I am tired all the time.

Rest assured that I am being taken care of though. You know those cute 12 and 13 year old girls I used to teach at church? Well they came over yesterday and cleaned the boys' room, did my dishes, and organized my food storage. I love those girls. Afterward they just sat around my living room and chatted with each other for nearly an hour. I miss them already. And one of the former fellow teachers came over and brought me homemade Thai Spicy Peanut Noodles. I had it for lunch and dinner. It was so yummy!!

So blog, while I love you and think about you every day, I only have so much energy in a day and those cute boys in my life come first. But I'm halfway done and will soon have energy in abundance! I hope. We'll have a wonderful, magical winter together I think.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine