Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ames Cemetery

For awhile now I have been wanting to visit our town cemeteries and wander around and take some pictures. When we lived in Salt Lake City, one of our favorite things to do was to go the the cemetery on Sunday afternoons and walk around. Cemeteries are such peaceful, quiet, beautiful, spiritual places. I've been a little stressed out lately and so on a quiet evening last week, when the baby was napping and Israel was distracted, and Randal was home working, I snuck out for a few hours to walk around one of Ames' cemeteries. It was beautiful - and I brought my camera. Here are a few shots.
IMG_5923
The dove on this very old headstone spoke to me. The white stone and incredible texture just made the bird so beautiful.
IMG_5933
I was first drawn to the shape and contrast of textures on this headstone, but the sweet "Little Kate" top line broke my heart. I hope the mother of the Little Kate knows that I honor her and the obvious love Kate's family had for her.
IMG_5931
I loved the finial at the top of this. Just gorgeous! And the sun was setting when I had gotten to this point, so this shot came out perfect for me.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine