Saturday, July 18, 2009

Worldwide Photowalk: Ames, IA

So this is what I got up this morning and did instead of garage sale-ing. I walked through a park, down Main Street, an alley and the street just north of Main Street here in Ames, IA as part of Scott Kelby's second annual worldwide photowalk. I loved it! I've been meaning to walk down Main Street and get some pictures and this was the perfect opportunity. I took around 500 pictures and narrowed it down to my top 21. You can find them here. The following are a small sampling of those 21. I don't know if this is my top 6 photos though. Anyhow, I need to choose one or two to submit for the contest. HELP ME!! I can't choose!
IMG_5340
It was a great morning to be walking outside. We've had freakishly cool weather - like in the 60's and 70's and although it was overcast when we started, after only about 30 minutes the sun started coming out and the cloud were really cool.
IMG_5472
This is down the alley behind Main Street. I love the brick. I think most of my favorite shots were from that Alley.
IMG_5518
I love the texture and color of this one. In the set on flickr there is another shot of this that I edited for black and white, also very cool, but then we miss that great rust color.
IMG_5582
There were a couple of buildings with ivy growing up the back - all were so interesting, but I especially liked this one for the rusty steps and the moss growing on the asphalt.
IMG_5724
I think of my top 21 pictures, 8 are of this fountain. What can I say? I was drawn by the oxidized colors and textures.
IMG_5734
Plus I just love the statue on top. It spoke to me.
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine