Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where Bloggers Create

On Thursday, Karen of My Lovely Desert Cottage threw a party to show off the places where we create. Well, I'm two days late (three if you aren't up at 11:30 at night on Saturday). But I'm here!! I've seen some other blogger's creative spaces and I love them!

Where Bloggers Create

So, without further ado, I present a tiny bit of my creative space.
IMG_5761
Of course, all of the actual work occurs here at my computer and my desk. If I'm working at my desk, my computer ends up looking like this, although usually I keep my screen cleaner. And when I am working on my computer, the stacks get moved to my desk.
IMG_5768
I don't actually have a real desk though. It's a table that I painted brown to match my bedroom furniture when Randal's computer was in our bedroom (during those 3 months of medical school). If I had it my way, I would have one of those big wooden vintage monsters. I saw on at Goodwill a couple of months ago. I was seriously wanting it, but Randal won't let me anything big like that until I have a garage sale and get rid of stuff. That's probably a good idea. Anyhow, so without a desk with drawers, most stuff ends up in different bowls, jars, and tins all over my table. Like my paint brushes, vintage quills (which I found today while junking!), and vintage lace. The lace is in a really pretty milk glass urn.
IMG_5769
I've been using Happy Tape a lot lately. That stuff is so dang fun. I have little crowns and tiaras all over the place - all over my whole house really. And those are the inkwell for the quills. Yes, I actually use them. I've had a new one that I bought before I got married that I've used on many special letters and invitations.
IMG_5771
Another crown filled with tools - scissors, glue, pliers, a letter opener (vintage - belonged to my grandparents), tape, and exacto knife, and other odds and ends. A pretty ATC card on a silver fork easel a red glass compote and some buttons rings I need to list in Etsy shop make this shelf pretty - and make me smile. Oh and I love that vintage tin of water colors. I don't know what exactly I'm doing with it. But it's cute.
IMG_5772
The cubby holes under the shelf are filled with ink pads, colored aluminum bowls, pictures and other random stuff. And of course, my rubber cement. I use that all the time.
IMG_5774
If you noticed the green metal feet on the shelf in the two pictures of above - those hold up another sehlf which holds another crown bowl and this pretty glass jar filled with colorful ribbon. And behind that is the window sill which has glass jars filled with all sorts of stuff lined up on it.
IMG_5775
The big picture. It's a little overwhelming - even to me. But the truth is, although this is where the work happens, the creativity happens all over the place: in the garden, when Israel and I split a tomato fresh off the vine, or in my lovely guest room while I'm putting away my treasures, or late at night when I'm lying in bed almost asleep and dreaming begins, or when I'm sitting on my couch Skyping with my sister while she's creating. That's a whole lot more pictures though, and a whole other post too.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine