Friday, July 17, 2009

Was It Worth It Find of the Year!

I'm posting this today because tomorrow (Saturday when I'm writing this) I'm doing the Ames Photowalk and therefor, will not be doing any bargain hunting and also because I am just too excited about my super find to wait until Sunday. But...

I'm going to make you wait for the super find. First I'll show you some of the other things I got.
IMG_5284
Like this big lot of vintage and antique lace, ric-rac (I have no idea how to spell that one), bias tape, embroidery floss, thread, and ribbon. I actually found this at my Main Street Antique Mall though. But it was a super find! All of this stuff was 40%-75% off. I got a ton of stuff for really cheap. The bag of bias tape will be sent to my sister Chantal though - cause she's the only person I know who actually knows how to use it. There are also some vintage patterns in there. I got those at an estate sale today. They aren't anything fun, but they were only 25 cents each, so I'll use them for collages and wrapping paper.
IMG_5286
Here's a close up of the thread - some super saturated beautiful colors - all on wooden spools! How fun!
IMG_5292
I got these at a different garage sale. It's a bag of these vintage price tags and a few milk bottle tops thrown in also. I'm pretty sure these tags are from Fareway - they look like the Fareway sheild kind of. Anyway, I'll use these for ATCs and collages and I'll send a few to my sister Jenny because she's gotten into ATCs also.
IMG_5266-2
And finally... the super find! This spectacular red skirt. It's vintage. I'm pretty sure it's actually a tutu. And it was only $2. While buying it I had the following conversation with another lady shopping:
Lady: "What are you going to do with it?"
Me: "Wear it!"
Lady: "Where?" (asked a little incredulously)
Me: "Everywhere."
(And pardon the blurry picture and fat fingers - Israel took the picture and I'm pretty sure he somehow turned my long beautiful fingers into these short stubby ones. And I swear my floor was spotless in all the pictures I took.)

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine