Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Was It Worth It: Farmhouse Vintage II

I totally planned on posting this on Sunday, like usual, but Elijah is getting 4 teeth! Needless to say it's been a hard week. Anyhow, Farmhouse Vintage was open again this weekend. I seriously love this place. So I called Deborah up and asked if she wanted to go with me. After Farmhouse Vintage, it was still pretty early so we headed up to Gilbert to check out JB Knacker, a store I have been meaning to check out and now is quite possibly my favorite store ever. In fact, Brenda is having a class for making soldered charms tonight. I am still hoping that the stars align and that I am able to make it up there, but I'm thinking it's going to be a no go. Next time!!
IMG_5792
Another quilt. This time red. I can't help it. Vintage quilts are like kryptonite to me. They sap all my power to say "NO!" I think I need to start sending them as gifts to people. Hmmm.... who has a birthday coming up?

And this pretty pretty mirror. I have three vanity mirrors now - a collection! So I am going to gather them on my guest bathroom counter. My brain has been thinking in collections lately: mirrors, vintage quils, vintage lace, typesetting pieces, vintage cameras, etc., etc.
IMG_5789
I also got these fun things. The cards and little story booklet will be scanned and used for collages and ATCs. I really loved the illustrations in the story. I might make some tags with them.
IMG_5793
And some more vintage hankies. I got a some white ones to give as gifts when friends get married. I thought that would be a sweet and thoughtful gift, and one that I could send in the mail easily. I think I'm going to keep that lace one in the front for myself though. It spoke to me.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine