Friday, July 03, 2009

Tags and Awards

I got these back in May and I've been meaning to pass them along, but... well, there is no good reason why I haven't done it yet. So, I suppose today is as good a day as any - and better late than never!

The first is an award from Erica @ But Mommy.... Thank you very much Erica!!


The rules are:
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
But there is no way I could narrow it down... I say, if you are reading this and want to pass it on to somebody else, then you deserve the award! Take it and pass it on! And be sure to come tell me did it, because I would love to see other lovely blogs out there. I'm totally serious too! If you pass it on, take it and post it and tell the world I gave you the award!

Next up, I was tagged by AMommyof2girlz @ A Pocket Full of Buttons.


So here are my lists:

8 of My Favorite Foods
1. Pad Thai Chicken from The Spice (Ames, IA)
2. Yellow Curry Chicken from The Spice (Ames, IA)
3. Sushi either from Fuji (Ames, IA) or The Sushi (Glendale, AZ)
4. Mexican Food - can't really narrow this down to a specific dish, but here are the best restaurants: El Azteca (Ames, IA), Casa Reynoso (Chandler, AZ), Someburros (Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, AZ), El Azteca (Provo, UT - that's one the right across from Provo High, right?) and Red Iguana (Salt Lake City, UT - because this is my hubbie's favorite)
5. Carmelized Onions - on just about anything
6. Cupcakes
7. Jerk Chicken Sandwich with chips and salsa and extra terriyaki sauce and no mayo from Rumbi's Island Grill (found in AZ and UT)
8. The pork salad with cilantro lime dressing from Costa Vida (found in AZ and UT)

8 Things I'm Looking Forward To
1.My husband getting done with school
2. The 4th of July celebrations tomorrow - our little city really goes all out! I love it!
3. Winter (all the bugs go to sleep!)
4. Vegetables from my garden
5. My parents coming to visit us in October
6. Elijah walking (he's just starting to walk around furniture)
7. More garage sale-ing, junking, etc.
8. My walk tonight after the boys go to sleep

8 Things I Did Yesterday
1. Went for a walk
2. A load of white laundry
3. Read blogs and email
4. Talked to my sisters and my mom
5. Watered my garden
6. Watched So You Think You Can Dance
7. Created a workout playlist on iTunes
8. Slept in
(wow, yesterday was kind of a lazy day)

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die
1. Become a yoga instructor (I need to start doing yoga again!)
2. Publish a book
3. Have a live in housekeeper
4. Have an indoor pool
5. Uh.....
I can't really think of anything. There are tons of things I would love to do and appreciate seeing, but I don't feel like I have to do them. Plus, as I'm getting older, I'm enjoying flying less and less, so although I always thought I wanted to travel to or even live overseas, I'm kind of afraid of flying - and I'm really afraid of the ocean!

8 Shows I Watch
1. SYTYCD
2. Antiques Roadshow
3. Glenn Beck (with Randal)
4. Lost
5. Heroes
6. The Office
7. House
8. Kendra

8 Ways in Which I Kill Time
1. Blog
2. Read
3. Nap
4. Garden
5. Stretch
6. Watch TV
7. Skype
8. Window shop on the Internet

8 People I Tag
1. Mindy
2. Mommy
3. Chantal
4. JennyLynn
5. Clarissa
6. Andrea H.
7. Tina J.
8. Jacque S.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine