Sunday, June 28, 2009

Was It Worth It Weekend: Farmhouse Vintage

This weekend I only went to two garage sales and one was right around the corner. It was pretty good though. The woman is an antique book dealer so she had some fun stuff. I got some (almost) antique music and a book and a really cool antique "Scrap Book" filled with vintage magazine and newspaper headlines. It's really cool. I also got some really interesting and pretty tins. But I just realized I didn't take any pictures of that stuff and I'm too tired to go do it right now.

The main point of my adventure this weekend was to go to Farmhouse Vintage. She's a vintage, antique, and primitives dealer that sets up shop in her old farmhouse a few times a year. I'd never been before I just saw the ad in the classified section of the paper. It was... I cannot think of a word worthy enough. A picture is worth a thousand words though...
IMG_5140
I had to drive down another dirt road. It was only about half a mile though. I really loved her house. It was so cute. And on an actual farm. In fact, while I was there her husband came in and was asking for someone to move their car so he could get some big farm equipment by. I love living here. This is only about a mile outside of town.
IMG_5161
This sweet little pink and cream quilted bear was only a dollar!
IMG_5165
This crazy quilt was kind of expensive. It's the most I've spent on a quilt since I've been here anyway, but I just couldn't resist! I love all the embroidery and the rich colors. It was $22. I know!! The prices at this sale were so good! I can't wait until her next one in August. There is also one in October. (For my mom: October 10th - I think that's when you guys should come!)
IMG_5166
A date? I don't know. I'm not a super smart fabric person, but I think that some of the fabric is polyester, so I don't think it could be this old. I could be mistaking wool for polyester though. I really need someone who is more knowledgeable than me to look at it. Doesn't really matter though. I love it!
IMG_5162
Some rustic stars. I've decided that I am going to make one of the walls in my basement a place to display a collection of stars. So I've been keeping my eye out for interesting stars.
IMG_5169
I also got this pieced blanket. It's tied, not quilted. But woman standing near me in line said it was made from old flour bags. I think. Again, I'm not a textiles person. I think I need to do some research. Anyhow. It was only $5. Not 50 cents like my last pieced blanket, but still. I love the Persian Pickle fabric and the rooster fabric and the purple and teal fabric. It's just so pretty!!!
IMG_5171
Finally, this "stained tea towel." It has a bit of yellow discoloration in the middle of it, so it was just a quarter. I love it.

I love it all. I need to have a garage sale so I can get rid of stuff around here now and make room for all my lovely treasures!
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine