Monday, June 29, 2009

Sit and Enjoy

This bloggy friend inspired me...

Recently Israel has been asking me to "sit and enjoy." When we go to Wal-Mart or somewhere else with outdoor swings and seating he often asks me to "sit and enjoy" - meaning we just wants me to take a minute to sit down with him and swing or talk about the plants or other things around us.

I think God might be trying to tell me something though. The post I have linked up there is one that I had open on my screen for about a week now. I kept meaning to sit down and really spend some time reading and reflecting on it. I've been so busy though. How ironic, right? I have a weakness, I volunteer to do a lot of stuff and whenever someone asks me to do something for them, I say yes. And I enjoy doing these things. I've been given so much in my life and I know there are going to be more times when I need the kindness of others so, I like to "pay it forward" - and pay it in advance too. (Don't think I'm totally self-sacrificing, I do plenty of selfish things too.) But it's been distracting me from family - from my precious boys who are growing up too fast. I made the decision to start saying "no" more often and not feeling guilty about it (and telling myself "no" too)! I wanted to be "just a mom." So far it's been going well. I'm remembering to "sit and enjoy" these moments with my boys. Israel loves it when I sit and color with him. He just talks and talks and tells me all sorts of fun things. Elijah seems to be the happiest when we're just looking at each other. He has started touching everything. He points his little pointer finger and pokes my nose over and over again. He points to and pokes my hands and fingers, my ears and my mouth and then will just start laughing. How can anything be more important than that? It's nice to be reminded to "sit and enjoy."
IMG_4335

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine