Monday, June 08, 2009

Darn Bunnies

IMG_4741
Sure, they're all cute and fluffy with their little cotton tails, but they ate all the leaves off my pepper plants!
IMG_4739
Only a couple little leaves survived! I hope the plants themselves can survive!
IMG_4737
So I made a cage to keep the darn bunnies out and the leaves on my plants. I thought I didn't need to worry about them until I actually grew something, but apparently they like all parts of the plants.
IMG_4757
I think the garden looks legit now though. He can brag to his other garden buddies that he's been through the tough times and survived.
IMG_4755
On a happier note, one of my tomato plants has buds. That's a good thing, right?

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love fresh tomatoes!

Linda said...

Yes, that's very good about the tomato plant - it looks very healthy!

Bunnies are odd like that because I have a whole garden of pepper plants and we have bunnies around, but they haven't bothered any of the plants and the plants have been out there for a month.

Susan (Mommy) said...

Bunnies dig too, so keep an eye for that too. Guess what, we have a squirrel living in our back yard. To the rest of the world that may not seem like such a big deal, but, I have never seen a squirrel in the Phx area ever!

Charmaine @ randalswife said...

A squirrel?!? That's awesome! Are you feeding it lot's of corn? That's people put up on their trees here.

Tina said...

How fun...ur garden is cute.