Monday, June 01, 2009

Bloomin' Beauties

Look at these lovelies I discovered blooming in my backyard...
IMG_4688
They are so pretty they just make me smile. I didn't even know the little hidden bush in the corner of the yard would do this. Then, this morning when I went out to work in my little garden I saw a few of these peaking out.
IMG_4684
So I picked them and brought them inside. They brightened up my whole day. And I did go out and trim up the big lilac tree (bush?) in front of it and the other stuff around it. I hope I get some more blooms. I don't even know what these are called. Peonies, maybe? I should know this. Can I use the excuse that I'm from Phoenix? I'm pretty sure these aren't very common in Phoenix.

And guess what else I found behind these and the other random stuff I trimmed up? I big ole' tractor tire. So I pulled it out and filled it with some good dirt and planted an artichoke plant, some onions, and some green beans. Yeah!

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

7 comments:

number17cherrytreelane said...

lucky.

Christina said...

Those are so pretty!

Jenny Lynn said...

how fun! i wanna see pictures of this big ole' tractor tire. sounds like fun and the flowers are sooo pretty!!

Kristina P. said...

Those are so full and gorgeous!

Mandy & Logan said...

Help! I didn't know who to ask but you! I don't have photoshop yet so I make things in powerpoint and then save them as a jpg. I tried printing this out as a photo but it said that the file wasnt a high enough quality so it printed out blurry. Any advice cause I'm getting ready to start Craig's gift and I could use some help?

JUST ME, THE MOM said...

Thanks for following along, it's so fun to see so many new faces. I'll be sure to stop by often.

Kristin

Susan (Mommy) said...

I think the flower is a Camilia.