Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Best Movie You've Never Seen

Unless, of course, you grew up in my house. One of the great things about my dad is his love of old musicals and anything with good dancing - think Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. I grew up watching old Shirley Temple movies and The Music Man. Plus, I married an opera singer and college musical alumni. So we love good classic musicals in our home.
IMG_4783
So I was pretty excited when this package arrived in the mail earlier this week. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, but didn't hear anything. I thought maybe I messed up the order and was getting ready to go and check my bank account and email and stuff to see what was up when this package showed up.
IMG_4794
And inside is the best movie you've never seen. The Slipper and the Rose - The Story of Cinderella. I bought the movie for my dad a couple of years ago at Tower Records for like $14 or $15 and they had two copies. I considered buying it for myself, but thought I would just get it later. Fast forward 4 years and I can't find the movie anywhere! It's out of print and copies on ebay, half.com, or Amazon are all around $100. Well, I finally found it for a reasonable price (I think it was around $25) and snagged it! Woohoo! So here's a little clip:


The dancing in the kitchen from this clip may be my favorite dance sequence. This is a long clip, my favorite part starts at about 3:20 and lasts till about 6:40.


This clip is another favorite dancing scene.

Overall, I think this movie has some of the best costuming ever and the songs are so good and so fun to sing along to. Just such a good movie!! If you find it, buy multiple copies and sell them on ebay! Or give them to your family and friends. That would be nice too.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine