Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ames Surprises

So while I was driving around this morning, I noticed some fun things at the park and the Farmer's Market. So, I went home and got Israel.
IMG_4961
Then we headed to the Farmer's Market where the Gilbert Tractor Club had set up shop. I love the lines and textures and colors of farm equipment!
IMG_4955
While I was taking these pictures, a woman came up to me and asked me what I do with these pictures. I told her I just LOVE them! I love the world around me and I love my life and I love being able to capture some of the beauty I see around me! I think she thought it was weird seeing me get down on the ground to take pictures while pushing Elijah's stroller off to the side and bribing Israel to stay out of the shot. She said something like, "You don't see that everyday, a mom walking around with a stroller and a big camera, taking pictures." I wonder what she really thought? Now I feel a little insecure. Oh well. I really love the pictures though.

After the farmer's market, we headed to the park. The hospital was hosting a small fair. I think they were calling it Mary Greeley Days. (The hospital is Mary Greeley Hospital.)
IMG_4983
There were a lot of booths and fun things to do. The fire department had brought out the trucks and the ambulance. The library brought the book mobile and there were even big bouncy toys for the kiddos!
IMG_5007
This slide was huge! Israel really loved going down it over and over and over and over. And it was Cars themed. I'm pretty sure Israel will be asking to go the the Cars park for a month now.
IMG_4993
There were a bunch of different performers too. When we got there a hypnotist was having fun with the crowd. And the final performers were this drum line. It made me think of my dad. He loves drums.

So yeah, Ames surprised me today. Lot's of fun things going on that I didn't even know about! Yet another reason for garage sale-ing on Saturday mornings. How else would I have found out about the fair? I guess I could have read the paper.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

PS - Come back tomorrow night for a Was It Worth It Weekend Giveaway (plus all my Was It Worth It finds!).