Monday, May 04, 2009

A Walk to Clarify

I just got back from taking a walk around my neighborhood. I was going to post about the domestic diva that I am, but it was such a nice clarifying time for me, I felt the need to share.

So I was walking through the neighborhood repeating my mantra in my head: "I am thin (because not even my shadow looks thin anymore). I am healthy (in hopes that I won't feel the need for Oreos tomorrow - oo, that sounds good tonight though). I am a yogi (because I want to be able to do this and this - and I wouldn't mind looking like that either)." Seriously though, I repeat that in my head while I fake-run and walk, "I am thin. I am healthy. I am a yogi." And I hope that it will help me change my habits, because the mind is a powerful thing, and habits start as actions, and actions start as thoughts. So, while I was walking, repeating, and just enjoying the slight breeze and beautiful night I finally began to unwind. I wouldn't say I've been especially stressed lately, but more that I am holding and supressing tension. I realized that when I stopped to listen to the breeze blow through the new leaves on the trees and found myself crying. So, I released some tension in the form of a few tears - just a few - and prayed for strength. The rest of my walk was a beautiful and breathtaking exercise in appreciating and loving my blessed life. So, now I'm home and feeling the need to stretch my muscles and rest my mind and body. Tonight I hope I dream about flying over the tops of the trees with a breeze full of sweet smelling spring blossoms tickling my face and hair.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

6 comments:

Amy said...

Okay seriously do you think that anyone can do "Eka Pada Koundiyanasana II" pose? That is crazy!?!?! Good intentions Charmaine.

I like the positive thinking in the head. I think that it only does good. Did you read "The Secret"?

mindy said...

such nice imagery!! keep up the positive thinking.

Charmaine said...

Yeah I'm pretty sure it takes years and years and years of practicing every single day to be able to do that, but a girl can hope!! And actually, I just started reading the secret, I'm only a few pages in though.

Kristina P. said...

Not a fan of The Secret, but I am a fan of the law of attraction and that what you put out, you will get back.

It sounds like you are part way there!

Charmaine said...

Yeah, I like the basic principle of what The Secret is, I just think they make it more mystic than it actually is.

Susan (Mommy) said...

Dang girl! You need to write a book. Call it, "Talk your way to fulling dreams."