Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So You Say It's Your Birthday

Well, it was his birthday too!
DSC01171
In celebration of my hubbie's 29th anniversary of his birth, we went to dinner at the new Italian place in town last night - I was really looking forward to it, but sadly, I was disappointed. The pre-dinner bread they brought out was overly dry and pretty much tasteless. My meal, the Linguine Vegetariano, touted asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes in a white wine sauce, served over linguine pasta. Sounds good, right? Well, the vegetables were these little teeny tiny pieces and the sauce was so salty that by the end of the meal it was just gross. Randal got the Chicken Marsala with grilled potatoes and peppers. His was pretty good, as it should have been, it was his birthday. Anyhow, I don't think I'll be going back. I did tell the waitress to tell the chef that the sauce was entirely too salty, but I don't know if she will. The atmosphere was very nice though.

Anyhow, after dinner, we went and saw the new Star Trek. Seriously, this is THE BEST prequel I have ever seen! It was so so so good! I hope they make more of these!

And we ended the night with treats while watching the season finale of Biggest Loser. Surprise ending there! But I was pleased with the winners!

Happy birthday my super hottie hubbie! I love you! Thanks for taking me out on a date for your birthday!

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

4 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday to Randal!

Have you been to Cafe Shi yet? I got their Steak Diane, and it was TO DIE for. I dream about it. Yum yum. Now you know what to do for your next date night!

Christina's Blog said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AWESOME BROTHER WHO I NEVER SEE!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

-Christina-

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Randal!

Amy said...

I hope you showed him a good night out on the town :)