Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts

For the grandmas in our cul-de-sac (who take so much care of us!) and my "sisters" at church, I decided to give them some pretty Mother's Day gifts. Remember all that freezer jam I made - 3 dozen jars, to be precise?
IMG_4351
Well, one dozen of them were gifted last night. If I were in AZ near all my family, all you sisters and mothers of mine (that include you in-laws and Mindy and the rest of the Hunts), you would have gotten something. And actually, that's almost a dozen people.
IMG_4355
But instead, in honor of you, some of my friends and neighbors got gifts. I love you all! And actually, it was nice to visit with the ladies in our circle. Two of them are widows, one of them invited us in for a visit (and gave Israel some chocolate), one of them invited us to pick flowers from her lilac bushes, and one of them invited us to come back again. All the girls from church seemed surprised - it was pretty late when I delivered them - but pleased. But who wouldn't be?
IMG_4358
I mean aren't these tags absolutely lovely?!? They are from this fabulous friend on flickr (like that aliteration?). Check her out: s11ver and you can find the tags on this photostream of hers.

But rest assured mother of mine, even though you didn't get some jam, you will be getting that link bar on your blog for a Mother's Day gift from me. I promise I will do it for you this week!

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

11 comments:

Erin said...

What a special thing to do for all of the women in your neighborhood! And yes, those tags are beautiful.

Erica said...

What a great idea. :)

Kristina P. said...

Those are amazing! The tags look beautiful.

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

youa re a-max-ing! whenever i make freezer jam i definatly done share any of it. i just freeze it all! also, happy mothers day to you too!

Mimi said...

What a wonderful idea!

Thanks for stopping by my blog & helping to make my SITS day special!

shelley said...

hi charmaine,
what a wonderful idea! i'm jealous they look so pretty and tastey! i'm following you from mbc, stop by and say "hi" anytime!
hugs,
shelley
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com/

number17cherrytreelane said...

ummmm....amazing!!!!!!!!

Chantal said...

You are very kind and I am glad that you are the kind of person that remembers the little grandma's that live near by. Mommy

Ginger said...

what a cute and creative gift! thanks for posting this!

Ginger said...

what kind of paper did you print did you print the tags on?

Charmaine @ randalswife said...

The tags are printed on a heavy glossy paper - it's pretty much glossy cardstock. And I have a color laser printer. They would look really good on a color inkjet printer on photo paper too though.