Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day BBQ

If you're thinking of BBQ for Memorial Day, why not try something different and grill up some thick cut pork chops? We had these a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic!
IMG_4233
I made a dry rub out of rosemary that I ran through my coffee grinder (that I have only ever used for flax seed - hooray it has a new use now!), a little bit of garlic salt and seasoning salt, Mrs. Dash, and some fresh ground black pepper. It was super delish! I think next time though, I will use the rosemary, more Mrs. Dash, no garlic salt, and tiny bit of seasoning salt, the fresh ground pepper, and some parsley. These pork chops, paired with grilled asparagus (the only seasoning it needs is olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper) are a so good, I totally forgot to take a picture until they were almost gone!

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

1 comment:

Just a conservative girl said...

I don't eat pork, but it looks good. I should be able to do the same thing to salmon don't you think?