Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's That Time Again

No, not dyeing my hair time - I just did that, remember? It's that time of the month and I am sitting here in the dark with my monitor turned down as low as I can get it because I have a splitting headache. They seem to have gotten worse lately. I used to get them only every 2 or 3 months, but now, every month, like clockwork. I'm dying here. It doesn't help that Elijah didn't have a nap today, so I was carrying him around and soothing him all day - or that Israel doesn't have preschool anymore, so he needs some extra entertainment in the afternoons. Anyhow, I was going to download some pictures and show you what a beautiful Memorial Day we had, but I remembered I am out of disk space and I need to transfer some pictures to the external hard drive and because of the headache, I don't feel like getting out of bed. So I'll just tell you about it and perhaps post the pretty pics tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure I got some really pretty pics.

So, we had a church bocce ball tournament and potluck that the men organized. And shockingly, it turned out really well! I brought some cookies on my silver 3-tiered serving dish. It was pretty and fancy - perfect for an outdoor Memorial Day potluck! Most of the women sat around in the grass, some in the sun, some in the shade and visited. Most of the men did manly competitive things, Randal sat and played his guitar like the super-hottie-rockstar that he is. The kids played in the grass and on the playground. Overall, it was perfect. The sun played a little hide and seek behind the clouds and the was just the lightest of breezes. Overall just a lovely day and I can't wait to see the pics (and share them with you!).

Today, on the opposite end of the spectrum, it has been raining - hard - even pouring at times!! I'm a little worried for my new garden. Hopefully there is enough drainage. Anyhow, today has been lovely too, just a different kind of lovely. The kind of lovely only a girl from Phoenix can truly love and appreciate.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

2 comments:

Maryann said...

I'm sorry about your headaches. Not fun! I used to get them every month when I was a teenager, but I was lucky to outgrow them.

Christina said...

I'm so sorry... I hope you feel better soon.