Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm addicted to The Salvation Army...

and the local antique store and garage sales and freecycle...
IMG_4486
I've been wanting "real" chairs for my dining table for since we moved here. I've been using green metal folding chairs, which I love by the way, but they aren't super comfortable. So, I've been keeping my eyes open for random chairs at The Salvation Army and Goodwill.
IMG_4485
I found these two at The Salvation Army for just a few dollars each. They need a little cleaning and maybe a shabby chic paint job, but I like them.
IMG_4480
Next up, I found this little beauty at The Salvation Army - it's silver plaited and oh so pretty!
IMG_4491
Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this, but I love how rustic it is and at the same time totally makes me feel like a fifties house wife.
IMG_4479-2
And here's my sweet blue cake stand all cleaned up. I discovered it's Imperial Glass made in 1951. And that's it. I know nothing else. It's stamped with this mark:

That's how I discovered it was made in 1951. I've tried to find anything else that looks even similar to it, but... nothing... nowhere.
IMG_4478-2
I did read somewhere that Imperial Glass made custom orders and one of kind gifts so perhaps this falls into that category. One way or another, I love it.
IMG_4474
I absolutely, positively, love it.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

4 comments:

mindy said...

Girl, it sounds to me like you are getting my sickness. I was addicted to Goodwill, thrift shops, and antique malls before the yard sale bug got me. Now it is a deadly mix. I get the shakes if I miss a weekend (like I did last weekend)and I am just sure that the very thing I have been looking for was sold and I didn't get it. I'm sick I tell you...SICK!!!! Oh, but it is so exciting. That's it...it is the thrill we keep seeking after. Like a drug...I can't wait for this week's fix!

Simoney said...

The chairs are great, but I LOVE that plate stand!! xx

Susan (Mommy) said...

So how did you clean the glass? it looks lovely. And I love the chairs. I wish I could give you mine.

My Lil Guyz said...

I love how you made antique items look like art in your photos.
I found your blog thru MBC. Thanks :)