Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Grilled Vegetable Pizzas or I Love My Patio

I spent the day working outside today. I started my garden! I roped off my two 4x5 foot garden plots and laid down some newspaper to kill the grass. Next week, I'll put in some pavers and fill in with some dirt. I must admit though, I know very little about gardening. My mom had a garden growing up and we helped, but growing my own garden intimidates me! So, I've gotten a mentor! She's so fabulous! Anyway, I'll write more about my gardening later. I also cleaned up my porch and my grill and fixed my bicycle (hooray!) and just generally enjoyed the outdoors. (Side note for my parents: You HAVE to come during the last week of April and first week of May sometime. You would LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!) So, to celebrate all my hard work, I made my favorite grill recipe, Grilled Veggie Pizzas:
IMG_4202
Doesn't that look yummy? And do you see how clean my grill is? I hadn't cleaned it in a long time. My hands and my rag were completely black when I was done. Anyway, I won't post the recipe because it's straight from a cookbook - a big red and white one you probably got as a wedding gift - at least that's where I got mine.
(UPDATE - It's not Joy of Cooking, it's Betty Crocker!)

They were really good and we even ate them one the screened in porch. It was a perfect meal, a perfect evening, a perfect time. Absolutely, incandescently perfect.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

10 comments:

Erica said...

Let me start with yea the pizza's do look good really good and then i look forward to hearing about your garden I have mentally already started gardening the physically getting out there just hasnt caught up, so i am excited to hear about how it goes for you maybe it will motivate me to just get out there and do it.

Furious Mom said...

Those pizza's look amazing! I am so going to have to try to find a recipe that looks that yummy!

Amy said...

So inspiring! I hate cleaning the grill, doing yardwork, duh duh duh duh. But you're pics give me the motivation to get out there and get it done. I can't wait for you're recipe to be posted. I was going to make your brocoli cheese soup yesterday but realized I was missing the heavy cream and the grocery store just wasn't in site for me with all the extra playdate kids. But tonight, bring it on baby! But now I'm feeling like a grilled pizza. See what you're doing to me Charmaine? Ha ha!

Jennie said...

Looks delish! I hear ya on the gorgeous weather right now! I can't get enough of it! Your pizza looks so devine, makes me want to try it!

I just read your other post about your refreshing walk and I find myself doing that too. Letting go, when the beauty of the outdoors fills me up and I realize just how preoccupied I was previously.

With you stating your affirmative statements, don't forget most importantly to put EMOTION and FEELING behind what you are saying. Emotions are powerful, almost more powerful to our minds/bodies than the words. So proud of you!

Candice said...

I am SO jealous of your weather right now (and probably all of the time). It is SO HOT today!

Tina said...

Oh my!! I want to eat that pizza right now!!!

Chantal said...

Dang that pizza looks so good! and I am not even hungry! Good job!
have fun gardening, I am always so surprised at how easy it is when veggies grow, yet it still feels like a miracle.

Schatz said...

before you know it, you'll be growing those veggies in your very own Charmaine garden ;)

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

i think i may have just drooled..

Susan (Mommy) said...

Remember the bunnys of the summer? You better find a way to keep them out.