Friday, April 24, 2009

Me Thinks Me Love Thai

Tonight Randal and I went on the first date we have been on in a long time. First,we went to dinner at The Spice on Main Street in Ames where we had the best Thai food I have ever had (which isn't saying a whole lot because I haven't had that much Thai food, but it was really really good). Like, good enough that I am probably going to dream about it tonight. We got Chicken Pad Thai and Yellow Curry Chicken and shared both. In fact, it was so good, it was magnificent, awe-inspiring, delightful, splendiferous, and at least 3 more words that mean "really good." (Here's a little sidenote: I'm watching Craig Ferguson right now and this guy is possibly the funniest guy on late night tv.) But back to the Thai food. Yeah, it was heavenly.

Afterwards we were going to go and see a movie, but we had just missed all the start times and there wasn't anything playing for at least an hour. So, we went to Best Buy and Borders. At Best Buy they had a Macbook Pro, with a whole lot of very impressive features (that many won't understand or care about so I won't bore you), for a very very cheap price. Like such a good deal I would consider selling part of my liver for it. But alas, it's not me who needs a super computer (although I would make very very good use of one). At Borders, we gathered some books and sat in some comfy chairs to browse through them.

IMG_3981

Doesn't he look so scholarly and pensive?

IMG_3990

After taking a few pictures though he wanted me to stop. "OK, stop now!"

IMG_3993

"Seriously, stop! Arrrggg."

But I didn't get any pictures of the food, cause it wouldn't sit still long enough, it just wanted to be eaten! Anyway, so at the end of the night I have come to the conclusion that I love Pad Thai and I love Randal - a lot - both of them.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

4 comments:

Erin said...

We tried to go to The Spice once while we were there, but it was an hour wait, and we were hungry! I'm so bummed I didn't get to try it.

What a fun date!

Kristina P. said...

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Thai food. I don't really like curry.

But sounds like a fun date!

Kelly's Ideas said...

Those are the best kind of dates.. Love this post!
Kelly
http://www.amazingsalvation.com

Brooke said...

Woo Hoo for date night! Just wanted to say "Hi" from the Under 100 Club.