Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm In Love (Again)

Remember that buffet on freecycle I didn't get? Well on Saturday night someone posted an antique dresser and I jumped! I was thinking about this post that said that drawers under the counter are more used than shelves and cupboards and another post that I am really bummed I can't find where a girl put a dresser in her kitchen. She removed the top drawer and put in baskets though. Anyway, I thought - "Ok, this is going to work!!" And oh, how well it works.

Take a look:
IMG_4008
Here's the baker's rack I had in the kitchen before. It was kind of pretty and it was kind of functional, but I didn't love it. There was a lot of junk and I don't like that.
IMG_4009
And I didn't like the way the stuff on the wall was arranged - actually, I really didn't like the way the stuff on the wall was was arranged.

But behold the after:
IMG_4012
The dresser is the exact same height as my counters. It's more narrow than a buffet though so it fits perfectly in the space. I am so in love with this. It's a little scuffed up and the veneer is coming off in a few places, but it was free! I can fix that other stuff. It's got a pretty curved front, the drawers slide super smooth and it's got a story. The woman I picked it up from said that it belonged to her father (who was born in 1933) and was used in his bedroom all growing up. I think I might love it too much.
IMG_4014
And now I also love the way the stuff on the wall is set up. Can you tell me you don't love it all too? I bet you can't, cause I bet you love it.

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I love antique furniture! Great find! And it's a definite improvement to your wall/area!

Deb said...

Lovely reorg of your kitchen my friend! Can you fit a lot in the drawers? What are you going to do with the baker's rack?

Chantal said...

Wow on freecycles! great job I love it!

Charmaine said...

Thanks girls! And yes, I can fit a lot into the drawers. Everything that was on the baker's rack is now in the drawers (except the cereal boxes) with tons of room to spare!

As for the baker's rack, I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking my office is in dire need of a makeover - right now I have those white plastic shelves storing office supplies and other stuff. I really need to clean everything out and get rid of a ton of stuff, then I think I will use the baker's rack in there and finally have an office that I don't have to hide from people!

Maybe I'll even post about it!

Marci said...

Cool blog!