Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Wish I Didn't Have to Sleep

Then I could get so much more done. But I really love to sleep, so I don't actually wish that at all. In fact, I think I might go back to bed for an hour or two right now. I should probably do dishes though, and clean the office. Cleaning to office has been on my list of things to do for awhile. Anyway, I feel like I've been pretty boring lately. Sorry about that. I've just been super busy trying to get my house in order and get this new Etsy business up and running (I've dropped the prices by the way).

Anyway, here are some other fun things I've been working on or toying with - feel free to let me know what you think, in fact, please let me know what you think. I need some feedback and questions answered.

So I had another Etsy shop: MwaHooToo, but after making no sales I just abandoned it. I'm thinking of selling cupcake plates (like the one in the last post), jewelry, and pretty much anything else I get the itch to create. Anyone know how to build a successful Etsy shop? Is there a secret I don't know about? And truthfully, the biggest thing that holds me back is figuring out how to ship things economically. I hate going to the post office and I don't want to have to do that all the time. What is the easiest way to pack and ship things from home?

Next up, I really love Photoshop. Like really really really. I'm often getting questions about how to do this or that in Photoshop and I've been thinking about teaching classes somewhere. I wouldn't know how much to charge or anything and although I am a big proponnent of making money, I am thinking about offering some classes (for free) to the girls at church (and anyone else who hears about it and wants to come), since they are the ones who are usually asking. Just a quick survey then: How many of you have Photoshop and don't know what to do with it? How many of you want to know what to do with it and would come to a (free) class about Photoshop basics at church? And should I feel bad about taking bussiness away from the other things out there that would charge for it? And am I shooting myself in the foot by offering a free class? I could still look into teaching in the community. Let me know what you think.

And finally, I really want an antique or vintage buffet for my kitchen. Like a lot. I've been wanting one for awhile. And guess what? Someone posted one of freecycle yesterday! I was so dang excited! But, of course. I wasn't the first to respond so I didn't get it. Very sad. I also want my office to be clean and organized. (Did I already mention that?)

Anway, that's all for now. Thanks for listening!
Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

7 comments:

Jennie said...

I wish I lived closer so that I could get some Photo shop pointers for when I finally get it. I downloaded a free 30 trial of it awhile ago.

Darn about your buffet. It'll come up. I really wanted one for a while and found one at a garage sale almost 2 years ago.

The best way to ship things economically is to buy your own digital scale to weigh at home. You don't have to do a flashy one, just a basic one that has good reviews. I will buy one for me whenever I decide to do more serious etsy"ness".

JulieChats said...

I relate to your idea of not having to sleep, but I certainly love it too! So many things on my to do list spiraling in my head everyday! I'm excited to follow you in your journey!

Looking forward to reading more!

I'm signing up to follow you from the MBC Under 100 Club!

Nunes Family said...

Ok here is my two cents take or leave it! I think free is great (who doesn't) But be careful, you don't want to get in over your head. Maybe just offer it once for free to the ward and make sure they know its a one time deal. Than after that I would charge something even if its just your time.

Now on to me. I want to pay you to teach me how to use photo shop. So get your butt to AZ befor I leave this summer for PA. Or I just might come and hunt you down. I belive we are like 2 hours away from each other. No really I am just kidding about the hunt you down part. But I really want you to teach me photo shop. Loves

Gayle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I have an Etsy shop also and I'm looking for the secret to selling online. I've had a few sales, but not much recently. I've been following Timothy Adams at http://timothyadamdesigns.blogspot.com/. He's had some good tips that I'm going to try in the future.

Candice said...

I would take a class from you! I love what you do with Photoshop. We bought a nice camera for Christmas, but I am thinking that I would like that program to be able to do more with the pics. Is it truly worth the cost? And is it user friendly?

Deb said...

I want to take your class. And I agree that you should limit the freebies. Maybe do one class for free and use that class to figure out what material to cover, time flow, etc.

Amy said...

I would love to do a digital class with you. I need to figure it out. I even have the "how to" book but I always mess it up, well not all the time. I think you need to at least charge something for it. Your time is valuable.

I looked on your etsy shop and I've loving the business logo ideas.