Friday, April 08, 2005

All About Me

Well, as you may have deduced, my name is Charmaine and I am married to Randal. We were married at the end of 2002 in the Mesa Arizona Temple. We have two boys, Israel, born in 2005, and Elijah, born in 2008. I love all my boys - alot.

I consider myself a 6th generation Arizonan, although I was born in Provo, UT. Ask me about it sometime. I lived in The Valley of the Sun, otherwise known as the Phoenix metro, for 20+ years and LOVE the desert! I love the way Phoenix is laid out and I really think the desert is a beautiful place. I also love cold, cold winters. Why? Because I HATE HATE HATE, with a burning passion, bugs. A few times a year I will have a dream so scary that I act out in my sleep - it's usually whimpering but it has been known to escalate to screaming or jumping off my bed. Every single time it is because I was dreaming about bugs of some kind.

I am the oldest of 5 children - and ironically, so is my husband. It's been fun. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother. My brother is still single if anyone out there knows of some awesome single lady. Two of my younger sisters are beating me in the children race, and the third is well on her way. I'm ok with that though. My husband has one brother and three sisters also. I love his sisters a lot and consider myself so lucky to have them! Randal's BFF from way back when we also consider family. Luckily I really like him, and guess what? His wife is my BFF! We miss them when we don't live near them.

My parents taught me well. Everything I know is a direct product of the way I was raised and the things I was taught.

Right now we live in Iowa while my husband is working on a PhD in Genetics. While he's at school, I'm on my computer. I love photography and design and that is what I spend most of my time doing. When I'm not doing that I'm playing with my boys or thinking about cleaning my house. I also love art and crafting. Mostly, I love recreating wonderful things I find in my www wanderings.

5 comments:

mindy said...

Oh my goodness! I love you! That part about BFFs...got me. Miss you more than you miss me!!!

Susan (Mommy) said...

Very sweet. I love the dessert too. But I love Iowa, it's beauty is so different from home.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Ha, ha, like that you THINK about cleaning your house! that's something my dad never did! Wasn't even on his list of things to do.

Judy Harper said...

I'm not crazy about the desert, but I do love the mountains and trees. I imagine Iowa has a lot of those! I love your descriptive writing. It's very visual! Happy Sits Day! Judy

Alexis! said...

Sounds like you have an awesome life!!

Saw you on SITS :)