Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Lego Table

On Tuesday, one of our local librarians came to Israel's preschool class to talk about books and the library, so of course Israel has been asking to go to the library.  He said he wanted to play with the Lego table.  So yesterday, we went to the library to play with the Lego table.

Israel built a house.  It was avant-garde, complete with modern square towers and small triangular and rectangular windows in random places.  Look out Frank Lloyd Wright, my son looks to be the next big architect!

And here's my tunnel.  I make a tunnel every time we play with the Lego table.  My goal is always to see if I can find enough of the "flat-topped" Legos to make a clean roof.  I did pretty good this time, there were just a couple at the end that didn't get a roof.

The view of Israel's house through my tunnel.  Very cool.  Notice the patterns in my tunnel walls.  That was planned.  Another goal I have every time is to see if I can find enough of the right colors in the right sizes to make my creation look some what planned and organized.  I did pretty well this time.

Although, at the end of the day Israel still one-upped me.  Apparently my tunnel wasn't finished so he added an artistic touch to the top.  I like it.  Not quite as symmetrical as I would have made it, but I think Israel was using the imbalance of the yellow Lego on top of a tunnel to tell us that society's opinion of the unknown darkness of what lies ahead should be viewed as something exciting and worth exploring.  Because in the end, we've learned and grown and become a beacon of light for others to follow.

Gosh, that kid is deep.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I love it! And my, besides an architect I think you have a scholar!

Andrea Hale said...

haha Israel is a genius! :)

Susan (Mommy) said...

Do you have the picture of Grandpa playing with your legos? It should be in one of your books.

Sue said...

Absolutely stellar! The child is clearly a genius.

(Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. Glad you enjoyed the lamb story.)

=)

Molly Mormon said...

Thought you might want to see this:
http://whymormonguyzstaysingle.blogspot.com/