Monday, March 23, 2009

An Interesting Thing...

So, an interesting thing happened to me last week.  I received two emails from two different companies asking me to feature them.  Well, feature may be too exciting a word - more like mention them.  It may be because I have posted an email address to get in touch with me and so it's just kind of a 'spam' thing.  But, I've since emailed both of the parties and so far one has returned the email - seemingly from a real person!  That one is about a giveaway!!  So, if you enjoy cooking, and love looking through restaurant supply stores and catalogs, check this place out: Food Service Warehouse.  Actually, I really love restaurant supply stores.  Anyone ever been to Gygi in Salt Lake?  Love that place!  Anyhow, much of the site is stuff that I would have absolutely no use for, as it's big restaurant quality appliances, and bulk china, serving ware, etc.  But in the "Catering" section, I found many bowls and pedestal serving pieces that I am totally coveting.  And have you ever wanted "good ice" on demand?  You know, the kind of ice you get at Sonic.  Well, if you have upwards of $1,500, you can get one for your kitchen - or back patio or garage, if you don't have room in your kitchen.  Oh, how fun would that be?  Anyway, they are giving away $1,000 worth of cookware.  All you have to do is go to their site and enter your information.  And they don't sell your info or use it for marketing purposes.  By the way, this would be great for me, as I forgot to pack all of the lids for my pots and pans in this last move.

Cookware from Food Service Warehouse

The second site was ebeanstalk.com.  I'd never heard of them before, but they specialize in developmental toys for babies, toddlers, and young children.  Now, being the poor students we are - and the failing economy, we don't spend much money on toys - unless they're Legos.  But, if we did buy new toys, I would definitely check this place out first.  They do tons of product reviews and use real moms for testing and reviewing products before they sell them.  I like that - because although an "expert's" opinion is nice to consider, I am much more convinced when I know other kids actually enjoy it and moms don't hate it.

So, there's the two companies that contacted me last week.  I was a little wary of it, thinking it was just annoying spam, but actually getting what looked like real emails (from real people) in reply and answering specific questions I had about the information seems to be legit.  Am I more widely read than I thought?  Weird.  If so, I'm interested in what you reader's want.  Do you care about the cooking stuff (cause that's kind of one of my fav's) or about children's toys and product reviews (cause I can tell you how much Israel loves Legos and Spiderman, but after that it's pretty sparse)?

Hugs & Kisses from Charmaine

1 comment:

Amy said...

Exciting... you'll definately have to keep us posted. I hope that you get paid loads of money. :)