Saturday, March 21, 2009

BBQ

Tonight constituted the first BBQ of the year.  The weather was a perfect 68F so I broke out the steaks I bought earlier this week and put them on the grill.  I really love my grill.  I didn't take any pictures because I am sort of - ok, really exhausted today and Elijah was sort of - ok, really screaming at me.  But being exhausted is totally worth it.  Guess who I got to watch which movie last night?  That's right, I went to Wal-Mart at midnight and bought the 2-disc special edition of Twilight.  AND Randal watched it with me when I got home.  AND he enjoyed it!!

So let's talk about this movie for just one tiny moment.  It's sort of cheesy and the acting isn't the best ever, but I just love this movie - and the book - and all of Stephenie Meyer's books.  In fact, there has been just one movie kiss that I've been like - "Wow, that was a really good kiss."  Want to guess which one?  You'll be wrong.  It's the kiss from 10 Things I Hate About You after Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles have been playing paint ball.  I don't know, it just looks so sincere.  Well, now there are two.  And holy moly, this one's a doozie.  At the end of the movie, when Edward and Bella are at the prom, Rob Pattinson goes in for the kiss and his facial expression seems to convey everything Edward feels about it.  It actually looks painful for him - but in such a sweet and loving way.  Sounds so dumb, but I mean, my gosh!

So, dinner is done.  I think I'll go get the kids cleaned at ready for bed and church tomorrow and go watch the Twilight bonus disc!

3 comments:

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends Sunday evening. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Susan (Mommy) said...

I loved Twillight and I didn't think the acting was bad at all. I did think the kissing was very intense though! Just goes to show you that virtue goes farther than lechery when you do it right.

Jeanie said...

10 things I hate about you is my daughters favorite movie, I must say I loved it to. Heath Ledger dancing on the bleachers singing to her while running from the school cops. We watched it a million times. I have not seen Twillight but now you have my curiosity up.