Friday, February 27, 2009

Who is John Galt?

I'm right in the middle of reading Atlas Shrugged (so nobody ruin it for me!), and loving it.  As for econmics, it's not something I am passionate about, mostly because I don't understand it.  And even politics - I'm very passionate about the things I understand and know, but I don't pretend to know everything about my party, or who I vote for.  I just know the things that are important to me.  I'd like to understand more - and be able to justify my choices better, and perhaps someday I will, but for now I am content with what I have and know.  Anyway, this book, which focuses on economics and politics and the values and principles within them, arouses passion in many who read it.  And for sure, there are many things that happen in the book that get me fired up - either at the stupidity of the characters or the logic and practicality of others, but truly, this is a very well written story - with a moral.  What do they call those now-a-days?  Anyway, I can't wait to get the end of the book...  For right now, I think I will post little one-liners from the book on Twitter.  Feel free to follow along, or if you've read the book, suggest some of your favorite one-liners.

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

I was reading Rachel Renshaw's blog and saw a link to "Chairmaine's" blog and thought..."hey, I just met someone named Chairmaine today"...and it was you :)

Anyway, I just had to comment because I am reading "Atlas Shrugged" right now, too. I am about 200 pages in. I actually had a hard time getting into it at first but after about 50 pages, I was hooked.

Anyway, it was nice chatting with you today. Maybe next time we can chat about our book :)