Friday, February 20, 2009

Cool Ranch Doritos

Yesterday I bought some Cool Ranch Doritos.  Yumm.  I've been trying to do better at buying non-junk food.  Because if there isn't any in the house, you won't eat it.  But, yesterday I was just craving a PB&J sandwich and some Cool Ranch Doritos.  So, I bought some and was thinking that today that's what I would have for lunch.  Yeah right.

Apparently, last night, Randal was up until 4 o'clock in the morning working on homework or something.  And this morning, when I got up I went up to the kitchen to put away the groceries I bought last night (I was just so exhausted when I got home last night that I only put away the freezer and refridgerator stuff) I discovered the Doritos were missing!  No empty bag in the garbage, so I know Mr. Somebody didn't eat them all last night while he was studying.  No, he just discovered them, probably ate most of them, and then hid them from me!!!  What a butthead.  Granted, I have done the same to him before.  What??  He can eat a whole entire package of ANYTHING in just one sitting!  (And doesn't gain a pound!)  But, I was looking forward to my lunch today!

So for payback, I am going to make cookies today for my YW's class on Sunday and hide them from him!  

Here's the recipe (courtesy of Grandma Lope) if you feel like making some super yummy cookies and hiding them from your husband today also:

California Rangers
1 cup butter (room temp.)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilaa
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup coconut
2 cups corn flakes

Mix butter, sugars, eggs, milk and vanilla.
In a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
Then, add oatmeal, coconut, and cornflakes and mix in gently.
Bake at 350(F) degrees for 10 minutes.

These are a favorite among my mom's family.  I grew up making oatmeal cookies with my dad on Saturdays.  These are just like oatmeal cookies - only on crack.  They're really good.  And it'll be a great payback for a certain Mr. Somebody.

And if I remember to take any pictures I'll post them for you later.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband buys bags of candy, and hides them in the freexer. He doesn't tell me he buys them. It makes me so mad that we have chocolate in the house, and I don't know!

Deb said...

I'm laughing about Kristina's comment - we have bags of candy in the house that my hubby got in Germany several months ago. We just don't go through candy very quickly.

Not sure on cookies with corn flakes in them???? Maybe you could share one with me and win me over...hint hint hint!