Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mommy, Mama, and Charmaine

Israel has been calling Mama since he could talk, but lately he has been calling me either Mommy or Charmaine - only Mama when he isn't thinking about it.  And you know what?  Hearing him say "Mommy" is the most foreign.  I automatically answer to Charmaine.  Hello?  I've been answering to that one for almost 3 decades 29 years (yikes!).  But Mommy?  My mom is "Mommy" - no really, she insisted, even through those already awkward teenage years and into adulthood.  Anyway, just something strange going on in our house the last couple of days.

So, guess what I found last night after I posted?  That's right, my journal.  And it looks like I was a whole year off.  We may have met at the end of 1998, but we didn't start really hanging out and getting to know each other until the end of 1999.  The first semester of 2000 was my wonderful semester.  And the exact quote about Randal after that night at the temple was: "He is going to make someone very happy someday."  And the first time I wrote about him was after a talent show - his roommate was at the talent show and so Tina and I invited a bunch of people over and Matt invited Randal.  So Randal may not have been at the talent show, but it was that night that I first met him.  Oh, and there were like 7 or 8 guys there and it was just Tina and I.  Yeah, we rocked.  And for your viewing pleasure: A picture of Tina and I around that time.  I have to assume we usually looked better than this, but this was the best one I could find.

1 comment:

Andrea Hale said...

Oh, brother! Literally! ha ha He is funny-always up for a challenge. Thanks for posting that story. I had heard most of it, but it was really fun to read! Just wanted to say how grateful I am that you two met... I now have one great sister-in-law! :) Thanks for being such a great wife and mother! Love you!