Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Happy Boy is Back!


Tuesday was a really hard day for little Elijah.  In the literal sense.  Poor guy was so constipated that every time he tried to poop he would just scream.  He did pass 3 little hard poops (TMI?) throughout the day and afterward he would scream for 15 minutes while I rocked him, and then he would whimper for another 5 or 10 before he would fall asleep.  It was so sad.  My normally super smiley little baby was so distressed and sad.  Well, I finally got a hold of one of the nurses at the pediatrician's office and she suggested that I add 2-3 teaspoons of prune juice (the regular old adult strength stuff) to one of his bottles during the day.  And do it everyday.  Well, I am happy to report that Happy Smiley Elijah is back!  He's had two regular poops since then and everything is digesting and moving along.  He even seems to be spitting up less!  

Thanks for sharing in my happy mommy moment.  Feel free to do a little happy dance.  I did.

On an unrelated note, I finally took down my Christmas decorations yesterday.  Hooray!  Now I just need to take them down to the basement and put the boxes away.  You should know, that although it is late January, last year my Christmas decorations were still up through most of February.  So, I am improving.  Last year I was in my first trimester though - all sick and icky - so what's my excuse this year?  Ummm.....  Can't we just say I'm lucky I'm cute cause I can get away with more?  That's what I tell my boys anyway (even the big one).

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Well, congrats on making progess. For both you and your little one.

Jennie said...

Is he on soy formula? That's exactly what happened to Rae when she was on soy. Poor girl. I had to help her "birth" her poop out. Sorry, TMI.

We changed to Nutramigen and she was fine after that. I'm glad that the prune juice is working great for him!

Chantal said...

That is a great photo.

Chantal said...

That is a great photo.

Tracey said...

Poor sweet boy! I'm sorry that things were so rough for you two:( Yeah for prune juice!

Susan (Mommy) said...

He is so beautiful. I love this picture. Send it to me so I can put it on my board, please.

Renshaw Family said...

I'm glad Elijah is feeling better. Jace had a terrible time with constipation when we started him on solid foods. We had to feed him prunes and we still do. It works wonders.

Amy said...

That is an adorable picture of Elijah. I'm glad that he is feeling better and things are normalizing. Water by itself in a bottle also works too.

I find it hard to take down all the Christmas decorations too. They're so fun to look at but a pain to put away. And storing them in a basement is a whole other story. Good luck! Maybe you can talk Randall into it.