Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Cold Cold Day in Iowa

It's winter in Iowa and the gentle breezes blow,
seventy miles an hour at twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa when the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter and your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful. So I guess I'll hang around,
I could never leave Iowa because I'm frozen to the ground!


PS - I can't take credit for this, I found it on the Internet awhile ago and thought it was cute, so I saved it, but of course, I didn't write down a source or anything.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Although I had experienced a frozen shut nose before I moved to Iowa, it was the first place I had ever encountered freezing rain. Scary! Iowa sure does have interesting weather, doesn't it?

Shelley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today from SITS.

Jenny Lynn said...

Cuuuute. Except if you get frozen to the ground you will see me shortly there-after with an ice pick... your comin back lady, wether you like it or not!!!