Monday, December 01, 2008

My Day

First things first...  Happy December

Now onto my day.  This is how it went:

I woke up this morning feeling a little homesick.  I'm thinking it's because I am anticipating our trip home for the holidays and so I'm thinking about it too much.  The truth is, I am really loving the beginning of winter here.  Anyway, so when I get homesick, I tend to make something to eat that my mom likes.  This morning it was oatmeal.  As I was reading the instructions on the oatmeal cylinder, it occurred to me that the suggested way to make it would be really mushy and gross.  So, let me tell you how to make light and fluffy oatmeal.  You use equal parts old fashioned oats (not quick oats) and water.  Boil the water, then add the oats.  Give it a quick stir, then cover and leave it alone for 5 minutes or so.  Then, put it in a bowl and fluff it while mixing in some honey.  Then pour ice cold milk over it and enjoy!

Yummy oatmeal for a cold winter morning.
And don't you love the red nails?  Me too.

The rest of my day consisted of cleaning Israel's room and the usual email checking, blog stalking and so on.  But cleaning Israel's room was quite the ordeal.  Granted, it's mostly my fault for letting it get to that point, but factor in a 3 year-old and a two month-old who cries any time he can't see me and you get a real challenge.  I did get it done, but by 5 o'clock I was still in jammies.  So, I ran downstairs and got ready quickly so I could welcome home Randal in the way that only a skirt an red lipstick can (in the hopes that he wouldn't notice the dishes still in the sink from last night).  

It worked.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I was noticing how cute your red fingernail polish was before I even read the part about the lipstick! And I completely understand about the dirty bedroom thing, but I still don't know how you do what you do (create adorable buttons, clean bedrooms, etc) with a two month old! You're pretty amazing.

Amy said...

That's all that matters! Haha! I love it!

How long do you get to spend at home? I am wishing I was going home too! Have fun!

Jennie said...

Your so cute. It sure feels good to work hard and then take a nice shower to recoup.

I'm going to have to try that oatmeal method tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Chantal said...

I remember the first time i made oatmeal by the recipe on the box and I had to call mommy to find out how she made it...good times
keep warm! just a few more weeks till warm az!

mindy said...

I LOVE reading your blog! It's almost as if you are still here. I totally hung out in my comfies ALL day too!

Kristina P. said...

Your family is so adorable!

And yes, Superdell is ridiculous and crazy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will add you to my Reader and start stalking you immediately.

Susan (Mommy) said...

I love that you clean when you are home sick that is so me, and I love the red lips. Did Randal love them too?