Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I am the BEST wife ever!

OK, maybe not, but yesterday I sure was nice.  Elijah got up at the crack of dawn and was up, so he and I went upstairs to hang out.  I figured since I was up, I should do something - and there's just something about getting up with the sun that makes me feel good - so, I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom and rearranged some things.  Then, I decided to be really nice and make muffins for breakfast.  Randal's favorite is blueberry.  So, I made my super good homemade blueberry muffins that I only make for very special occasions.  Do you want my recipe?  OK, fine.  Well, first, you start with only the finest ingredients:  Betty Crocker Blueberry muffins (in the red box), then follow the directions on the back.  To make them extra special, use dinosaur papers, and then put them on your cake plate and cover.

Top of the muffin to you!  
(Anybody remember that Seinfield episode?)  
Anyway, this is how Israel eats them.

Highlights from the rest of the day:

There is just something about sleeping babies, right?  Especially when they sleep with their arms above their head, or with their legs spread like a frog, or cuddled up into the side of the couch.

Israel would not hold still long enough for me to get a picture.  That's his new thing: crazy.

See what I mean?

Randal playing his guitar in the kitchen while I cleaned up dinner and we talked.  I love that.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You are the best wife! My husband doesn't even get Betty Crocker muffins.

Erin said...

I love how the muffin papers have to be dinosaur ones. And Aidan eats his muffins the same way! Your husband looks handsome holding his guitar and wearing his cool cap.

Andrea said...

I love that you shared your recipe and I have to agree with a previous post that you wrote I also heart tights!

Andrea Hale said...

I love days like that... when you wake up in a good mood and start doing something right away. It makes the rest of the day more productive and happy. :) It's always nice to end the day talking with your hubby!

Amy said...

Maybe he was serenating you for the delicious food you prepared. And seriously what's not hot about a man playing a guitar!