Monday, December 22, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 10

On the tenth day of Christmas I posted on my blog...
(no pretty banner - remember the Mac that was left behind? So sad.)

10 Presents For the Boys
(Grandma Toni - Randal's mom tends to spoil the grandkids whenever she can!)

9 Kids of Their Own
(The family who has taken in Randal's sisters have 9 kids, but they have taken in Randal's three sisters as their own. I really love this family for all they have done for our family. They have us for dinner whenever we are in town - that's where we were tonight - and treat Randal and I and his brother's family like we are all theirs. The girls refer to all of the kids as their brothers and sisters. Even Randal's mom is treated like family. I seriously cannot say enough good things about these people!!!)

8 Hundred Nativities
(Well not really - but my mom really does have hundreds. I'll take some pictures and post them later.)

7 People in My Family
(Not including spouses and the next generation)

6 Hours of Sleep Last Night
(It might have been less - I am just having so much with my family!!)

5 Hours With Randal's Family
(I have too much fun with his sisters! I serioulsy LOVE those girls so so so much!! I got so lucky with them!!!)

4 Hours in the Slow Cooker
(3 cans of black beans,rinsed and drained; 2 cans of tomatoes, with a little more water in the cans; 1 can of pumpkin; 2 cans of chicken broth; 1/2 cup cooking sherry; 2 tsp. cumin; 1 cup sour cream; add all ingredients, except for sour cream, into crock pot, cook on high while you are at church. When you get home from church, blend using an immersion blender or in a regular blender in batches. Stir in cour cream and serve. This soup is so so yummy! Try adding cheese and diced avacados and eat with chips. Or, try with toasted pumkin seeds, or sour dough bread. Or just eat it plain and enjoy!)

3 Hours at Church

2 Kick Ace Parents - They pretty fun!

&
1 Frakkin' Hillarious Brother
(Did I mention we are trying to get him married?)

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I read that Samuel blog. Too funny. I'm trying to think if I have anyone I can set him up with!

Preston said...

What a great post and I got a kick out of your brother's blog. How funny is that. I sure hope he gets some takers. If it works, can you set up a blog like that for me except w/o the married part? LOL Anyway, I wish you and your family the Merriest of Christmases!!