Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving!  Here are a few of the highlights...

First things first...  I am totally bringing back the hostess gift!  (That and "Persian Pickle" - 5 points to anybody who knows what that is!)  The hostess gift is such classy and kind tradition that either fell out of fashion, or people just got too lazy (I'm thinking people just go too lazy).  So, I'm bringing it back, making it cool again, whatever.  So, this was the sweet little gift I got Deborah, our hostess.  Just a little cake plate with a gold edge for the holidays.

A couple of my boys.  Isn't my hubbie a hottie - he's holding the baby with a smile on his face!

This was Israel early on in the day.  Still in a good mood and having fun.

Everett.  Or Obi Wan.

Marvin carvin' the brisket.
We had turkey, ham, and brisket.  It was great.  Randal said the brisket gravy was the best beef gravy he had ever had.

The olive and pickle tray.

The green beans.  I'm not a big fan of the green bean casserole, so I was very happy with these fresh green beans with almonds.  And the dish behind it is corn pudding - it was really good.   Something new I'd never had.

The infamous beef gravy.

And can you see just how happy I was that I had used a crockpot liner?  Very.

Now I gotta start preparing for Christmas!

3 comments:

Antoinette Shirley said...

My lovely sister Charmaine...YOU ARE THE CUTEST EVER!!! Seriously! -And you take GREAT pictures! Not that I had to tell you that. hehe :) I am very grateful you are one of my sisters! xoxo!

randalswife said...

Awww, shucks. I'm grateful you're one of my sisters too!

Andrea Hale said...

Happy late Thanksgiving guys! I feel so bad that I never called. It was a long and tyring day... I actually went to bed before 11:30pm! That hasn't happen in a long time. Well, it looks like you had a great day. We miss you tons and can't wait to see you! Love all 4 of you!