Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Lesser of Two Evils...

Is still evil.  That's kind of how I felt about this election.  Since marrying Randal, he has gotten me more involved in politics - well at least in knowing more about politics.  And I was NOT happy about the Republican OR Democratic choices for president this year.  Little did I know that there are other choices.  Now, I am sure that either Obama or McCain will win this year even though I voted for neither.  And you may ask, don't you feel like you wasted your vote?  No, I don't.  I feel like any vote that is not for your top pick is a waste.  And if my "team" has to take a loss so that they straighten up and get their act together, then I can live the next 4 years with "that" guy.  I would feel like I was suffering through these next 4 years with either of the major candidates.  Now, I won't tell you who I voted for (unless you ask) because I am kind of disappointed that anybody who I KNOW has similar ideals and values to me would vote for either of these candidates.  Maybe we'll learn something from all of this though and do our research next time - and vote for the candidate whose ideas about government, family, economy and so forth most closely matches ours - and not just the candidate that our party has decided for us.

Yeah, we start them early!

Hooray for Democracy.

Hooray for my super hottie hubbie.

1 comment:

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

your hats are ADORABLE! and your hair looks so pretty!