Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's Christmastime!

So now that Thanksgiving is over, it's Christmastime!  Time to put up the tree and the decorations.  Time to start working on your Christmas letter (and hope it makes it out before Christmas).  Time to start watching all those Christmas movies.  And time to start making all those wonderful Christmas treats (and them send them to me!!!).  Here is a photo essay of the first of those things...

DURING the process of putting up the tree and the decorations.  Having Israel help definitely made more of a mess!

AFTER the tree is up and decorations are out.  Isn't it pretty?

Some of my favorite decorations:  My Christmas story/cards book.  It's a Christmas scrapbook filled with great Christmas stories, Christmas memories from my siblings, pictures of our Christmas activities, and all the Christmas cards, letters, and photos we get from our family and friends.  It is a work in progress - forever in progress.

Another favorite:  the beanie nativity.  I acquired this from my mom's Christmas decorations last year.  I had been eyeing it for a few years and she finally just let me take it! 
A favorite ornament.  It was a gift from the Relief Society in the Apache Park Ward, Peoria North Stake, Peoria, AZ.  I think it's so cute.
Some more favorite ornaments.  Every Thanksgiving, my siblings and my mom and I all exchange ornaments.  A couple of years ago both Samuel and I did keys.  Can you guess whose was whose?
Another ornament from Samuel.  A spark plug.  Other ornaments have been coins from Argentina and a rock.

Another favorite decoration.  I found these candlestick holders at a second-hand store and decided to use them as a base for mini Christmas trees.  They turned out pretty dang cute, but they have a tendency to fall over.  One of these years I'll reinforce it with a wooden dowel or something.

So as this wonderful season starts, I hope you all enjoy the TRUE spirit of Christmas...  and pay it forward!

4 comments:

Erin said...

That Christmas story/cards book looks awesome! I ought to start something like that.

Thanks for finding me! I love having new blogging friends.

And yes, I am jealous that you have my YW (well, YOUR YW now)! Tell them I say hello.

Jennie said...

Those ornaments make me laugh. What creativity! I bet it makes you miss your family when you pull them out.

I still have that little baby Jesus ornament too.

Amy said...

Very cute decorations. You did a good job.

So have you converted to digital scrapbooking?

Susan (Mommy) said...

I love to read you blog.