Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Nielsons

OK, I just got done reading this article about Stephanie and Chirstian Neilsen.  I'm sure many of you have been following this story...  Especially if you're in AZ.  Anyhow, I cried through the whole entire thing, and of course, my doorbell rang right in the middle of reading!  Coming from a family of mostly girls, who are all very close to each other - and being away from them - I felt everything they were saying.  I really am so glad that I've been following their story and found Stephanie's blog.  

Recently, there was a little bit of controversy among my some of my sister's friends and blogging "neighbors" about a blog that parodies life as "Molly Mormon" wife and mom.  It basically ridicules those women who are "high on life" and love to be a SAHM (stay at home mom).  I personally thought, that while it was clever and I could totally see these silly attributes in some the girls I know, it was also kind of sad that this person would make fun of people who felt they were "so blessed."  This particular blog did receive some local attention and has a faithful following.

Now back to NieNie (Stephanie Nielson).  If you read the article, you know that the Nielsons and Stephanie in particular, has received NATIONAL (and even a little INTERNATIONAL) attention.  What is so ironic is that she seems to be the kind of person that the other blog is making fun of.  I can't help but give a little cheer that in this case, it seems to be that the good guy (or gal) is winning!  If you read Stephanie's blog you can't help but notice how many people have found inspiration from her sparkling outlook on life - I know I have!

Anyway...  So, to my sisters and mommy, Chantal, Jenny, Clarissa, and Susan:  I love you and miss you.  You are all so talented and amazing and inspire things that I do everyday!  And to all my other "sisters" - ditto.   :)  

2 comments:

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

I cried through the whole thing too! I miss you too Charmaine- so so much! And I love you!

Jennie said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I too find it sad and disappointing that there's the "so blessed" blog, poking fun about the typical mormon life. I know lots of people who love to read it, but I don't! It doesn't inspire me to be better, it just ridicules.

That said, I also love Nienie. I've followed her blog for about 2 years and was in shock when I first hear the news about her. I still check her daily (cjane too) and still think about her everyday. In fact, I've been so inspired by her for the past year that it's changed how I view motherhood, makes me remember to enjoy it more and to be silly more often.