Friday, August 01, 2008

One Last One - For Today


Ok, last post for today.  And it's just all the other random stuff that has been going on in this last month.

As many of you know, Randal had had his tonsils out on Tuesday.  Just wanted to let everyone know that he is doing well - still in a lot of pain and milking it for all it's worth!  :)  It's ok though, believe me, when it's my turn, I will be too!  The hospital is very nice and the staff we worked with were all very helpful.  It's nice to know for when it's baby time.  Anyhow, we've appreciated all the help we've gotten here in Ames and the prayers from everywhere else.  Blessings and babysitters!  So, THANKS!  We love you all!

Also, I finally got a calling - 2nd counselor in the Young Women's.  Which means I am in charge of the Beehives (12-13 year old girls).  I'm pretty excited, as I've never worked in Young Women's.  There is no teacher so that means I also get to teach the Sunday lessons - which is what I am really excited about!  But, if any of you have any ideas for activities and other stuff I can do for my girls, let me know.  It's been awhile since I was 12.

The baby is doing well and kicking alot!  He's pushing on my bladder and making it hard to sleep - just preparing my for post-partum, I'm sure.  We still haven't settled on a name though.  Maybe he's just trying to motivate me to pick one out already!

Israel is just the same as ever.  Talking and running alot.  He's very smart and we're trying to get him into pre-school here for the fall.  That way he can have friends to play with during the week when I can't do too much because of new baby.  We'll see how it all turns out soon enough!


3 comments:

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

this all sounds like so much fun! im glad you finally updated! i had no idea randal got his tonsils out. poor guy!

the 4th of july parades looked like SO much fun!

your house is BEAUTIFUL! Did you get new bookshelves, or just paint then all black? either way they look great! i love it!

thats awesome that your in YW's now! They will love you! Good luck!

Chantal said...

I love your new look. I am glad randal is doing well and you have lotsa help!

Jeanette said...

Loved the pic of Israel in the shades! Sounds like you are making friends fast and getting settled. For YW there are several websites that I go to.
www.ywconnection.com
www.theideadoor.com
www.sugardoodle.net (my fav)
Hope this helps!