Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Bedroom Set


So, I found this really pretty bedroom set on craigslist here in Iowa and bought it.  I absolutely love it and think I got a pretty good deal.  I've been trying to research antique furniture online but haven't found anything.  I can't find a maker's mark anywhere on the furniture so I have no idea what to do.  If anyone has any ideas let me know.  The guy I bought it from said it had been in his family since the 1920's - so there's a possibility that it's not even 100 years old - making it not really an antique anyway.  But anyone who watches Antiques Roadshow or knows anything, let me know how to find out more about my pretty new bedroom set.  And if you ever come to visit us in Iowa - you'll get to stay in this bedroom.  When it's all done it's going to be so pretty!  :)


I know the color don't look like they match in the pictures, but they actually do all match.  I'd say the color is probably the truest on the bed picture.  Just so you know!

7 comments:

Chantal said...

Oohh wow very pretty! I love it. I am exited to see it all done, and to come visit!

Jennie said...

I love it! That's my kind of style!

Tina said...

How fun and fun to see pictures of your house. Hope all is going well. For sure you can be thankful to be missing this freakin HEAT!!!

Tina said...

OMG am I seeing things or did we pick out the same blog background. Wow-we must be friends!!! :) What the heck??

Clarissa Jo Baxter said...

oo thats so pretty! i really love the vanity! how fun to find such a cool piece!

Deb said...

Ahhh - I'm a stalker! Welcome to Iowa and I enjoyed visiting at the pancake breakfast and at the parade. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Jenny Lynn said...

Sooo cute. I cant wait to seee more and more and more pictures of your house! bring it on sister!