Friday, April 08, 2005

All About the Blog

My mom taught me a lot of stuff from painting and flower arranging to how to properly clean a kitchen sink and make a roux. More importantly, she taught me that I could do anything and everything I wanted - because she did. She plans weddings and teaches children in church. She made beautiful stained glass pieces and her own jewelry. She taught me how to oil paint when I was just 6 years old. She learned how to play the piano and the harp as an adult and she is constantly reinventing her kitchen. It's fun to craft and decorate with her because inevitably, she will figure out a way to do my crafts better, and I will figure out a way to arrange her finials better.

That's what this blog is all about - everything. All the things I love to do and that make me proud of who I am. The way I hope everyone feels. That they can be who they are and embrace it. Just the way my Mommy taught me.

1 comment:

Susan (Mommy) said...

Wow! That was a lot of credit. Thank you, but you are my inspiration too. I love your blog and I want "tabs."